Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Announcing........


     The last few weeks have been FULL of heart wrenching drama!  Deciding on a venue has been a much more difficult process than I could have predicted.  From the start, I have had my eyes and heart set on two very different places and they collided when both venues accepted the piece.  I had the most difficult decision I have had to make since the start of this process!  I am very honored to have been in this situation, and beyond humbled!
     Degage Ministries was the first to accept the piece, and after meeting with the marketing director, I felt that my heart was telling me that this was the place for the piece.  I went through the various ways of reconfiguring the piece to fit the space they had available, and could envision it.  I could see the actual people that the piece is about seeing themselves and filling with pride.
     The very same day, I heard back from the Amway Grand Plaza Hotel that they were interested as well! This is when my mind started to speak up!  I feel that the piece will be seen by so many more people here, and ultimately that is what it is about....bringing awareness to how prevalent Homelessness is right here in Grand Rapids, and how each of these people are an INDIVIDUAL, to the people who are able to actually make a difference!
     It is on that note that I am VERY PROUD to announce that the Amway will be hosting my piece for ArtPrize 2012!!!!!!!  In the next few days I hope to have the finalized details, my voting number, etc....WOW!  This is really happening! :)
    

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Regan! What an achievement! Hopefully all your hard work has a magnificent impact for the local homeless community. Good luck with the voting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally, completely excited for you and the awareness you are raising!! Can't wait to see it and point out "I know that artist"!!!

    ReplyDelete